Bedazzled Dance Champions reserves the right to add or subtract days or move a competition to another date due to unforeseen circumstances.
Refunds will not be made for any other reasons except for injuries (with a doctor's note) in which a credit will be given to use at our Finals or a future Bedazzled Dance Champions Regional.
Bedazzled Dance Champions reserves the right to cancel any competition if enough entries are not received to run the competition.
By entering the competition, Parents, instructors, Directors, and contestants give their permission to Bedazzled dance champions to use their pictures and performance in advertisement (e.g. Brochures, programs, on our Website, etc.)
NSF FEE of $35.00 will be charged for all NSF cheques received
Overall awards – Independents do not qualify for overall awards, Pageant etc. In order to qualify for overalls a studio must enter a minimum of 3 group numbers. This applies to Regionals and Finals.
- The Part-Time division is for dancer who dance 6 OR LESS hours a week this includes all rehearsal for additional choreography etc. Separate overalls will be awarded for this division. This applies to all members of a Solo, duet/trio or group.
A dancer dancing in the Part-Time division may dance in the competitive division. So a pre -competitive dancer may choose to dance in a competitive group, duet/trio, but would still be considered Part-Timefor their solo etc., as long as they only dance 6 hours but a competitive dancer is NOT eligible to dance in the Part-Time division. Any competitive dancer dancing in the Part-Time divisions may result in disqualification to the routine. The maximum average age is 20 years old any age older will be placed in the Adult or Professional Category.
*NEW* High School Dance team
- this category applies to High school dance teams, we have added solo/duet/trios to this division in addition to groups.
· Pro/Teacher – Dancers over the age of 21 will be placed in this category or the Adult category as well All Dancers graduated from High School who receives financial gain or compensation for classroom services of any type such as assisting, choreographing, or instructing must compete in this category. Only teachers who are still active on a competitive dance team within their studio are entitled to dance in a regular category up to the age of 21. Dancers in this category are not eligible for overall awards.
· Novice entries - This division is for a contestant who has never competed before in a solo, duet/trio, if they have competed in a duet/trio but never a Solo you may enter a solo as Novice. A novice group or line must be a minimum of 75% novice. The maximum age for Novice is 12 years. Novice entries are not eligible for overalls. Separate Novice overalls will be awarded.
· Acro trick rules please read as your dancers will be penalized!!
· **NEW** Tap, Jazz, Lyrical, Ballet, Character Ballet, Contemporary/Modern, ONE acrobatic trick allowed. cartwheels, Illusions, front and back rolls, shoulder rolls are allowed, as well as partner lifts that may end up with partner's feet over their heads! If a routine containing more than one tricks a one mark deduction per judge will be taken off.. If you have more than one trick in the following categories they must be moved to Open.
· Dancing out of category: If a dance/dancer dances out of category after the category has danced they will not qualify for overalls or be placed in the category. But if they dance ahead of schedule their mark will be held and placed once the category has danced.
· Open* - Routines to contain any combination of dance, which do not fit into any of our other categories. A maximum of 6 Acro tricks allowed. E.g. a gymnastic line of 3 tricks is considered 3 of your tricks for that routine. If you have more than 6 Tricks you must move these routines to Acro.
· Tap - Routines should contain tap technique, no pre-recorded tap sounds should be in music. ONE acrobatics allowed. Illusions, front and back rolls are allowed, as well as partner lifts that may end up with partner's feet over their heads!
· Jazz - Routines should contain jazz technique. ONE acrobatics allowed. Cartwheels, Illusions, front and back rolls are allowed, as well as partner lifts that may end up with partner's feet over their heads!
· Lyrical Jazz - Routine must tell the story of the music while demonstrating emotion, balance, extension, control and technique. ONE acrobatics allowed. Cartwheels, Illusions, front and back rolls are allowed, as well as partner lifts that may end up with partner's feet over their heads!
· Hip Hop (street style dance) - Routines choreographed to contemporary music, using dance styles like, hip hop, funk, free-style or music video type dances.
· Character Ballet - Performance must portray a recognizable character throughout and include classical steps and movements. ONE acrobatic allowed.
· Ballet - Routines should contain ballet technique while incorporating classical movements. ONE acrobatics allowed.
· *New* Contemporary/Modern - Routines that are interpretive using contemporary style dance, modern dance technique and movement with no limitation, while incorporating balance, control and extensions. ONE acrobatic allowed.
· Open* - Routines to contain any combination of dance, which do not fit into any of our other categories. A maximum of 6 Acro tricks allowed. E.g. a gymnastic line of 3 tricks is considered 3 of your tricks for that routine.
· Musical Theatre/stage - A routine portraying a character throughout. Lip Synching is permitted. Any forms of dance are permitted.
· Song and Dance - Routines must consist primarily of vocals and dance.
· Vocal - Routines must consist primarily of vocals.
· Acro - A routine using controlled moves such as walkovers, handstands, limbers etc. the routine must contain dance steps and choreography.
· Production - A routine containing 12+ dancers incorporating any style of dance with a theme or story which is portrayed throughout the entire dance.
· Acrobatics are defined as any 360 degree rotation when the performers feet are above their head. Illusions, front and back rolls are allowed, as well as partner lifts that may end up with partner's feet over their heads!
Solo's, duets/trio (2-3)
Small groups (4 -9)
Large groups (10 -16)
Extended lines (17+)
Productions (12+) with a minimum of 4min. & a max. Of 12 min.